Associate Financial Instruments Valuation
As an Associate in Financial Instruments (‘FI’) Valuation you will help our clients get the fair values of their financial instruments right. The financial instruments you will evaluate are fixed income instruments and derivatives. As an Associate you will be within our team of 13 FI Valuations specialists. You will grow into a technical valuation and accounting specialist who will be able to talk to Front Office, Mid Office and Risk departments, as well as the accounting and controlling departments.
Who are you?
- You have completed an academic education in a quantitative discipline, preferably Mathematical Finance, Econometrics, or Finance;
- You have 0 - 2 years of professional working experience;
- You are interested in financial instruments;
- You are willing to invest in your accounting knowledge;
- You have both good analytical as well as communication skills;
- You enjoy working in a young team and have a sense of humour;
- You are fluent in English, orally and in writing.
Your work will consist of:
- Executing and verifying financial instrument valuations; validating valuation models; and helping our clients with the design and implementation of valuation models and systems for financial instruments
- Participating in client-facing projects and engagements (including leading work streams) from the moment you join our team. Projects focus on financial modelling, derivatives and fixed income valuation. Your participation includes: identifying key assumptions; understanding the impact of various inputs into valuation models; deriving creative solutions for collecting and analyzing market data used in the valuation; analyzing third party valuations; challenging assumptions; and performing sensitivity analyses
- Creating a positive environment, while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life balance of team members, including providing candid, meaningful, timely feedback, and keeping leadership informed of progress.
What do we offer?
Your career is just as it reads: your’s. You decide. We offer you the opportunities. On challenging work that matters. To get the most out of yourself. To help build trust in society and solve important problems. In addition you will be extensively supervised yet there is enough room for your ambitions and personal choices. We offer a varied job at leading clients. You have access to a global network and share your knowledge, ideas and questions with the best professionals in your field. You will be appreciated for who you are and what you do. In an inspiring, inclusive and respectful working environment with great colleagues. Of course you can also count on an extensive working package taking into account your development and flexible work-life balance. Furthermore, you will receive:
- A diverse client portfolio and challenging transactions
- A personal coach who will guide you extensively, but will also give you the opportunity to reach your personal goals
- The possibility to do a Post Masters qualification, paid by PwC
- Participation at several internal courses
- 30 vacation days per year, a car, laptop and iPhone
You will be working in a team of specialists from different backgrounds. The motivation and entrepreneurial spirit of your colleagues makes for an excellent atmosphere.
Who are we?
At PwC we want to contribute to the trust in society and solving important problems. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people. At PwC Netherlands there are more than 4,700 people altogether. We see it as our job to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. This vacancy falls within the Audit & Assurance field.
The FI Valuation team is part of the Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (‘CMAAS’) practice within PwC Assurance. CMAAS consists of 120 professionals that deal with complex accounting and valuation questions. CMAAS works constantly together with colleagues from other disciplines within PwC. Our FI Valuations team provides services such as advising our corporate clients and clients in the financial sector on valuation models, how to value financial instruments and the governance around valuation models. Next to this, our team supports PwC audit teams with auditing fair values of financial instruments in the financial statements of PwC audit clients.
We offer you plenty of opportunities, both professionally and personally, allowing you to get the most out of yourself and your career. Discover, connect to others, develop yourself and make impact. We guarantee you a varied job in a pleasant and collegial atmosphere. In doing so we are aware of our responsibility in society and we act accordingly. We do this whilst paying attention to personal differences as well as the development of your specific talents.
Do you want to apply or are you interested in applying? Please upload your CV and application letter via: http://www.werkenbijpwc.nl/Vacature/4080/Associate-Financial-Instruments-Valuations/.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact me.
+31 (0)88 792 29 80