Internship Equity Capital Markets
ING is looking for an intern Equity Capital Markets, Amsterdam. 3-4 months internship, full cycle.
As an Intern Equity Capital Markets (ECM) you will be primarily involved in a junior role in supporting the team in originating, structuring and executing ECM transactions. You will be part of a transaction team on high profile European ECM and M&A related transactions (e.g. ABN AMRO IPO, Credit Suisse rights issue, KPN rights issue, Hapag Lloyd IPO, Ballast Nedam rights issue, NN IPO and sell downs) and active on creating pitch books..
ECM facilitates the link between ING Bank’s Global corporate/financial institutions clients and its institutional (& Benelux retail) investor base. It comprises equity and equity-linked transactions distributed to ING Bank’s institutional and retail clients. Products (equity solutions) covered by ECM include IPOs, rights/equity issues, secondary offerings, block trades, private placements, share buybacks and equity linked transactions. ECM provides specialist, technical support and analysis to clients in the short and medium-term development of primary equity mandates.
- Working within the ECM team in Amsterdam with a focus on European high profile ECM transactions
- Assisting in the origination and execution of transactions, supporting in particular in the areas of tracking the markets, preparing presentations, financial modelling, conducting research on industries, sectors and companies
- Maintaining close ties with the departmental families within ING, including Equity Research/Sales, Leverage Finance, Capital Structuring & Advisory, Corporate Clients and Corporate Investments
Role criteria / competencies
Suitable candidates are currently Master/Bachelor (third) year student (Finance, Economics or related studies) and have a high energy level, strong attention to detail, ability to work time-efficiently within a team setting and have affinity with ECM and/or M&A.
Who and what we are looking for?
- Financial Master or Bachelor (third year) student
- Young ambitious graduate with high interest in capital and financial markets
- Problem analysis and judgment
- High ambition / energy level
- Attention to detail (accuracy)
- Performance motivation (no 9-to-5 mentality)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Literacy skills
- Fluency in business English is required and proficiency in Dutch preferred
ING Corporate Finance
ING Commercial Banking (CB) is the Corporate and Investment Banking division of ING Group. ING is the only Dutch bank with a strong international network in over 40 countries. Within ING CB, the Corporate Finance department is the primary point of contact for advisory relationships with corporates and institutional investors, leading the execution of high profile Equity Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions transactions. In the Benelux ING Corporate Finance is the absolute # 1 in both ECM and M&A. ING Corporate Finance adopts a sector-based approach, putting together client teams across borders to reflect local relationships and product specialists and to ensure the highest standards of transaction execution.
The Amsterdam office of ING CF is responsible for the origination and execution of transactions in a Benelux domestic and cross-border context, as part of ING CB’s European Corporate Finance team.
Apply or questions?
Do you have any questions about the position within the ECM department? Please contact Daniel Citroen or Elena Ilina, on the contact details below.
Your cover letter and grade lists from both university and secondary school are required next to your resume to apply for this position.
T +31 20 57 67 262
T +31 20 56 34 034