Trainee Debt Capital Markets
Within NIBC Markets, the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team is the linking pin between internal stakeholders (among others the corporate sector teams, trading & sales, treasury) and acts as an intermediary between corporate and institutional clients of the bank. The DCM team originates, structures and executes debt financing solutions for corporate clients and financial institutions while offering interesting investment opportunities to institutional investors. The product range includes European Private Placements (EUPP), bilateral loans, bonds (secured, unsecured and subordinated), Asset Backed Securities, investment funds and Covered Bonds.
What will you do?
- Perform market, industry and company specific analyses
- Actively follow and share relevant financial and sector news and events
- Spot new transaction opportunities around existing clients, prospects and start-ups
- Build investor and client databases
- Prepare documents for client meetings
- Pitch at clients for the origination of transactions
- Assist in the execution of transactions
- Contribute to internal team meetings
- You will work closely together with professionals from different teams of the bank (Markets, Distribution, Risk, Legal, Tax, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant Master’s degree. Activities showing affinity with finance and investment subjects (such as internships, your thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) will be considered as well
- Distinctive academic results as well as extra-curricular activities
- Strong analytical, numerical and social skills
- Good commercial sense, and affinity with the sector
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and Dutch
- A committed, self-starting and flexible team player
- Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
What will you get?
NIBC is a relatively small bank with a very dynamic and informal culture. You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an [analyst] at NIBC will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the bank works. This is a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents. Furthermore we nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devices and working spaces. You can therefore work where and when you want which improves your performance and work-life balance. Your work location will be Amsterdam, but you will also be required to visit our head office in The Hague on a regular basis. We will offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development.
Application / further information
Application can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! All documents need to be uploaded otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Start date: 1 September 2017
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at email@example.com. If you like to know more about the job, you may contact Niek Allon at firstname.lastname@example.org