WO Debt Capital Markets Internship
The Debt Capital Markets (‘DCM’) Structuring & Liability Management team acts as an advisory boutique and is specifically geared towards offering tailor-made solutions for the issuance of complex bond structures and the repurchase of outstanding instruments. We also focus on new business propositions in the field of sustainability whereby we provide innovative solutions for the issuance of green / sustainable bonds. We are based in Amsterdam but our team has a truly global reach operating as an overlay for ING’s global DCM franchise.
Provide direct support to senior colleagues with the aim to structure new mandates, support DCM deal execution, take an active role in pitch preparation, coordinate and prepare updates with DCM Syndicate and prepare tailor-made structuring advice. As our new colleague will be joining a small, highly skilled team, he / she will be guided / trained extensively and, as such, will be seen as a full member of the team.
Description of the Work Setting
Teamwork is a very important aspect of our day-to-day work flow. Our new colleague will need to be a good communicator with the ability to establish a good rapport with the team. Given the nature of our job, our new colleague will be constantly challenged to argument his / her actions. Next to this, our new colleague should be able to assume a certain dose of responsibility when addressing operational deliverables.
What do we offer:
• Exposure to structuring complex transactions
• Live deal-execution experience in a continuously changing environment
• An active role in deals with high market visibility and international press coverage
• Unique opportunity to learn about financial markets in practice
• Advanced training on the job: Bloomberg, MS Office, Ipreo, Datawatch
• Opportunity to create a network within ING as well as in the wider banking sector. Internal job openings within ING are also open to interns
• Monthly stipend and reimbursement of public transport costs
Qualifications / Experience required:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree required, Master level preferred
• Well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance and / or economics preferred
• Previous internship in DCM or other finance related roles is a plus
The work is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates with the following:
• Strong teamwork skills
• Affinity with financial markets
• Attention to detail
• Strong quantitative skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Diligence and attitude to continuously learn
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Adaptability and an ability to continually climb a steep learning curve
• Fluency in English is required
• Applicants will need to be registered as a student with an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job.
If you have questions please contact:
Vlad Mitroi: +31 6 192869 / Vlad.Radu.Mitroi@ingbank.com
For more information about ING check: www.ing.nl.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please note: to do an internship at ING, you need to be registered at an educational institution during the entire period of the internship